Ten Top Hypertension Herbs
A Kick-Start to Herbal Remedies!
High blood pressure sufferers who want natural treatment will be interested in the Top Ten Hypertension Herbs. It saves time not having to search individually for the most effective ones, so I compiled this list to help you start the healing process almost immediately.
The best and safest step is to find a good herbalist who understands herbs and can work along with your doctor. Remember the choice is yours and if he is noble minded, he will try to help you as much as he can.
Which Botanical plants make up the top ten hypertension herbs?
- Hawthorn Berry *
- Danshen *
- Ginkgo biloba
- Rauwolfia Serpentina (Sarpaganda) *
- Black Cohosh Root
- ReishiThose herbs I have labelled with an asterisk are to be taken seriously with caution because they are potent, and remember that vasodilators should not be taken in combination with warfarin or other blood thinning agents because they will intensify the action.
These Top Ten herbs are all vasodilators. They are the ones you may wish to choose first if you are looking for herbal remedies for high blood pressure which bring quick results.
You would like to know what vasodilators are, right? They are herbs or substances that relax smooth muscle or trigger other reactions that open up the arteries.
Some of them are what you could call natural ACE inhibitors; inhibiting or blocking angiotensin converting enzymes which are responsible for changing the chemical angiotensin 1 into angiotensin 11. This action causes blood vessel muscles to contract. So natural inhibitors stop these enzymes from doing their converting job resulting in the blood vessels dilating to release pressure.
That’s bound to have an effect on your emotions too, reassuring you as you visualize these herbs freeing up your circulatory system. They have been proven to be just as effective, or even better than synthetic ACE inhibitors that come with their bad side effects.
It’s good to read! The History of modern medicine will improve your appreciation of herbal remedies for high blood pressure, because many medicines are derived or extracted from herbs.
Besides the top ten hypertension herbs, there are so many other milder herbs that can support your vascular system. So invest in a good book on herbs. It will deepen your understanding of how herbs work in combination to one another and help you understand what treatments an herbalist may recommend.
All herbs work better if they can be taken on an empty stomach, but they can irritate the stomach.
Hawthorn berry – Yes, but preferably after you get used to it as it can cause nausea in some people.
- Danshen – Yes.
- Cayenne – Can cause stomach irritation.
- Ginkgo biloba – Yes.
- Rauwolfia Serpentina – Yes.
- Garlic – Yes if you are used to it or do not take excessively. It can irritate the stomach.
- Parsley – Yes.
- Aloe Vera – Yes.
- Black Cohosh Root – Yes, but can cause slight irritation to the stomach.
- Reishi – Yes.GemThese are my top ten hypertension herbs. For other herbs click here