The Red Reishi Mushroom. Have you considered using this potent herb to treat hypertension? It has been shown to significantly, lower blood pressure in patients who did not respond to anti-hypertension drugs, help lessen arrhythmia, lower triglyceride and cholesterol levels, and reduce the stickiness of platelets, thought to be due to the ganoderic acids action in reishi.

On your first glimpse of it, one would imagine it to be poisonous. The red, glazed appearance doesn’t look appealing and nature often displays poisonous plants and animals in bright red, yellow, blue and black colors. But this therapeutic reishi mushroom is far from poisonous. To be correct, it has no known toxicity.

Polysaccharides are said to be the most active ingredient in the red reishi mushroom, helping to reduce blood pressure, but adding to that, the mushroom also contains a natural ACE inhibitor, triterpenes. They work by inhibiting angiotensin converting enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for converting the chemical angiotensin 1 into angiotensin 11 which causes the surrounding muscles of the blood vessel to contract …